||SketchUp Pro Troubleshooting Guide |
||- For Mac users: if you are running OSX 10.9 or lower, SketchUp Pro 2017 will not be compatible.
||- For Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10: When installing SketchUp, right-click on the install file and choose Run as Administrator. Likewise, when launching SketchUp Pro for the first time, right-click on the SketchUp icon on your desktop and select Run as Administrator.
||- For Windows users, be sure to download the correct installer for your operating system, 32-bit version or 64-bit version. Please note: With the release of Sketchup Pro 2017, support for 32-bit operating systems was removed, it is only available for 64-bit operating systems.
- Check that you are entering the license codes into the correct version of SketchUp Pro. For example, if you purchased Sketchup Pro 2017, the license codes will not work in Sketchup Pro 2016. Sketchup Pro 2017 serial numbers start with the letter S and Sketchup Pro 2016 starts with the letter R. If you need to download the correct version, you may do so here.
- Make sure you completely uninstall all previous or trial versions of SketchUp and SketchUp Pro before installing. You must have old empty SketchUp folders deleted and software properly uninstalled and restart your machine before you begin.
How to properly uninstall SketchUp Pro
- When you copy and paste the Serial Number and Authorization Code, make sure there are no extra spaces before or after your pasted information.
Authorizing Trimble SketchUp Pro
- If you haven't downloaded and installed Trimble SketchUp Pro, please do so.
- - Windows users: Launch SketchUp by double-clicking the SketchUp 2017 icon on your Desktop.
- Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 users: right-click and select Run as an administrator.
- Mac users: Open the Finder and click on Applications. Browse to the SketchUp 2017 folder. Click on the SketchUp icon.
- When the Welcome to SketchUp window opens, click the Add License button.
If the Welcome to SketchUp window does not appear:
- Windows users: navigate to the top, click Help > License > Add License.
- Mac users: navigate to the top, click SketchUp > License > Add License.
- Open the license confirmation email you received.
User name: John Smith
Company/organization: State College
Serial number: SX-XXXXXXXX-XXX
Auth Code: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Copy and paste the Serial Number and Authorization Code into the dialog boxes and click Add License.
- Your SketchUp Pro is now licensed.