SolidWorks Student Edition files have a watermark and cannot share files with the commercial version of SolidWorks.
SolidWorks Student Edition uses a soft-lock mechanism to limit installation to one computer only.
If a file is created in SolidWorks 2018-2019 Student Edition, can it be opened in SolidWorks 2019-2020 Student Edition when that ships in the future? Yes, this works fine. If a file is created in a newer version, it can't be opened in a previous version (files are not backwards compatible), but the files are fully forward compatible.
SolidWorks Student Edition Installation Instructions, License Agreement, and System Requirements
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for installation support.
SolidWorks Student Edition Support Request Form for technical support.
Develop the abilities you'll need for a successful career. By learning SOLIDWORKS 2018-2019, you'll gain vital mechanical CAD, design validation, and data management skills that today's employers demand.
With a SOLIDWORKS 2018-2019 background, you'll have a clear advantage in the engineering or industrial design job markets. The easy-to-use SOLIDWORKS 2018-2019 lets you sharpen your skills outside the classroom as you learn to design better products
The Student Edition contains:
- SOLIDWORKS Premium (3D CAD software)
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium (FEA tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation (CFD tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Motion (kinematics analysis)
- SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium (part and mold filling analysis)
- SOLIDWORKS Sustainability (environmental impact tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional (electrical systems design tools)
- SOLIDWORKS CAM Professional (integrate design and manufacturing processes)
- SOLIDWORKS Model Base Definition (define, organize, and publish 3D PMI)
- SOLIDWORKS Composer (technical documentation tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional (develop rich, photo quality content)
- MySolidWorks Professional (your connection to everything SOLIDWORKS)
- After placing your order, please submit a signed and dated CURRENT
STUDENT/FACULTY PURCHASE APPLICATION along with verification of your Student/Faculty
status, i.e., a copy of a current identification card from your educational
institution, a confirmed course schedule, or registration confirmation or
enrollment confirmation from the registrar's office. Please email the documents
to email@example.com or fax
them to 650.934.3234.
- The SolidWorks Student Edition is available to degree-seeking students
or full-time faculty members using the software for personal learning or academic
- A "degree-seeking student" is defined as a student who can confirm enrollment in a degree-granting program, or who can confirm full-time enrollment in a certificate-granting program.
- Do not purchase this software if you're not a degree-seeking student or a full-time faculty member.
- Research use is prohibited.
- Commercial and institutional use is prohibited.
- Select Students, then SolidWorks Student Edition to find installation guide, technical requirements, forums, other information
- Software ceases to function 12 months after activation
- Support is only available through the SOLIDWORKS website at www.solidworks.com/studentsupport
- Subscription support service (technical support, live support) is not included or available
- License may not be upgraded
- Registration requires Internet access
- Although SolidWorks Student Edition is functionally identical to the SolidWorks software used by professionals in the workplace, certain features make it unsuitable for commercial use.
- Institutional use of SolidWorks Student Edition is prohibited. Schools interested in licensing should contact an authorized SolidWorks reseller.
- SolidWorks Student Edition software may not be re-sold, transferred, rented, modified, or copied.
- Any misuse of the terms of the software license agreement will terminate the right to use this software.
SOLIDWORKS 2018 (EDU 2018-2019) System Requirements:
- Windows 10, 64-bit
- Windows 8.1, 64-bit
- Windows 7 SP1, 64-bit
- RAM: 8GB or more recommended
- Video Card: Certified cards and drivers
- Processor: Intel or AMD with SSE2 support. 64-bit operating system required
- Install Media: DVD drive or broadband internet connection
- Internet Explorer: IE 11
- Excel and Word: 2010, 2013, 2016
For more information and complete system requirements - Click Here.