Motion LIVE mocap Plug-in for iClone is the one-and-only full body motion capture platform designed for performance animation. Motion LIVE aggregates motion data streams from industry leading mocap devices, and drives 3D characters' faces, hands and bodies simultaneously. The intuitive plug-and-play design makes connecting complicated mocap devices a simple selection. Motion LIVE is ready to animate custom imported characters or fully-rigged 3D characters generated by Character Creator, Daz Studio, or from other industry standard source. The unprecedented easy workflow makes all studios able to use Motion LIVE for virtual production, performance capture, live tv show, and web broadcasting.
*Motion LIVE requires iClone 7.22
Impersonate the Optimal Acting Performance
Synchronous Full-body Motion Capture
- By seeing the animation from the exact virtual character, performers can best adapt their movement to the avatars' body shape, and effectively improve their acting style.
- Directors can easily judge the validity of captured motion, and give best acting instructions.
- Get it right and move on! Remove the guesswork, or excessive post capture editing.
Motion Capture for Multiple Characters
- Live-perform full character animation including face, body, and fingers.
- Synchronously capture motion data streamed from different gear, saving data in separate motion tracks for further editing.
- Single interface to live preview animation, start / stop data recording.
Multiple Mocap Devices to Multiple Characters
Public Events and TV Shows
Same Mocap Device for Multiple Characters
- Combine mocap devices from different vendors in one mocap project.
- Flexible character control via simple character to gear mapping.
- Same mocap gear can control several virtual actors.
- Fast way to create team animation like military parade, or group dance
Live Character Performance
Capture Natural Hand Gestures
Virtual Characters for Broadcasting
- New Full-Screen Mode to hide the user interface and project the live show on a dedicated screen.
- Use Preview Mode to infinitely stream the mocap data for live animation, or let the virtual character interact with audience.
- Immerse virtual actors with real video footage via green screen chroma-key (software or hardware).
- Provide Light-matching and Color-toning for optimal composite effects.
Motion Masking & Multi-pass Recording
- Add natural hand gestures to existing moving characters.
- Optional Forearm, Wrist and Finger animation based on device support.
- Supporting data gloves and the Leap Motion Controller.
Flexible Character Position and Orientation
- Be able to separate mocap sessions and layer them together. For example, adding hand capture to an existing body mocap project, or adding facial expressions to a character that only has body animation.
- Option to blend motions by masking out unwanted body parts. For example, combine the upper body animation with another motion’s lower body movement.
Mocap Data Location
The Largest Mocap-ready Character Library
Import Custom 3D Characters
- Keep the exact mocap facing and orientation in the 3D scene.
- Retain the absolute spatial relation between multiple mocap characters.
- Freely reposition mocap characters in the 3D scene.
- Move or rotate characters while conducting live performance.
Mocap Data Cleaning and Motion Refinement
- With 3DXchange’s built-in characterization panel, convert custom characters into iClone via FBX format. The newly converted characters will be able to work with thousands of iClone motions.
- Concise facial pose mapping guide for audio lip-sync and professional facial feature performance.
Export to Game Engines and Animation Tools
- iClone to smoothly connect motion clips with foot and root alignment.
- iClone Motion Layer tools to correct posing offset.
- Curve Editor to enhance motion data.
- Remove data noise, jitter, or fix foot sliding.
- Edit motion curve for dramatized velocity or natural ease-in-and-out.
- FBX Export 3D characters and animation data to game engines via 3DXChange Pipeline.
- Directly support Unity Mecanim and Unreal UE4 character rig for instant animation control.
- Full facial morph export for further facial editing in game engine.
Motion LIVE requires iClone 7.22