Live streaming video production software for Mac or PC
All-in-one live video streaming software that enables unlimited capture, live production, and encoding of HD and SD sources for live streams broadcast to multiple servers and platforms simultaneously. Includes a FREE copy of NewBlueFX Titler Live Express.
Turn your computer into a television studio with Telestream’s Wirecast software. Wirecast is the easiest way to produce and stream professional quality video with titles and graphics to Facebook Live, Youtube Live, Twitter, Twitch.tv and more. Don’t edit later, make your streams look amazing now and tell your story. Live.
Professional live broadcasting features
Easy to Use - Mix and swap video and audio shots with the click of a mouse. Move, drag, and resize sources and stack them in any order so you can get the look you want.
Unlimited Destinations - Stream to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or ANY RTMP destination. Stream to more than one at a time.
Stream & Record - Stream and record at the same time. Great for archiving or off-line editing, record MP4 or MOV files to any drive.
Unlimited Video Sources - Cameras, microphones, webcams, IP cams, capture cards, and more. See a full list of supported capture devices.
Conferencing & Remote Production - Rendezvous peer-to-peer conferencing comes built-in to Wirecast. Send guests a link to join your live broadcast.
Beautiful Graphics & Animated Titles - Over 100 built-in graphics and titles. NewBlueFX Titler Live, free with Wirecast, is the best way to display animated graphics and titles with Wirecast.
Social Media Comments - Built in Twitter comment curation and display. Display Facebook comments in animated titles using NewBlueFX Titler Live Express or NewBlueFX Titler Live Social.
Replay, Scoreboards, Clocks & Timers - Great for sports producers. Wirecast has professional features let your live viewers follow the action in the moment, and never miss an important play.
Professional Audio - Multi-channel audio ingest, support for ASIO, WASAPI and CoreAudio compatible devices. Mix up to 8 independent audio tracks, and add FX and processing.
Free Wireless Camera App - Use Wirecast Go (iOS only) to bring in live mobile video from any wifi or LTE (cellular) connection.
Desktop, NDI & Web Capture - Capture a variety of IP sources or anything on your computer screen or other computers. Automatically detect NDI and Syphon sources. Built-in web-browser can display live web pages.
Local Program Output - Output your Wirecast program mix to external monitors, multiviewers, over NDI, our via baseband SDI or HDMI through a connected capture card. Use Virtual camera to output to other software applications.
New in Version 8
Bring in up to 7 live guests into your broadcasts with Rendezvous, Wirecast’s built-in peer-to-peer conferencing, screen-sharing and remote contribution solution. Integration with Wirecast Go iOS app, Chrome and Firefox browsers.
Facebook Live Comments
Use the included Titler Live Express (free with Wirecast 8) to curate and display Facebook comments and posts directly on screen in beautiful, custom-animated templates.
NewBlueFX Titler Live 3
Wirecast ships with the latest version of NewBlueFX’s award winning live graphics and titling program. Create beautful 3D animated titles and graphics, and choose from hundreds of templates or build your own. Comes in 4 different versions: Present, Sport, Social and Complete.
Preview any source or camera angle on any connected display. Customize your layouts so you can see all your content at a glance.
Multi-channel Audio Ingest
Now you can bring in up to 16 channels of audio per source. Avoid unnecessary upstream mixing and get the sound you want in Wirecast. Support for ASIO and WASAPI compatible devices added.
Clocks & Timers
Add the time and date to any broadcast or create customer clocks, timers and stopwatches you can control with the click of a mouse.
Easier to Use
The best just got better. New wireframes for your sources allow you to resize, rotate and crop directly inside the Preview Editor. Z-rotation has landed!
Like a well-oiled machine. Brand new render engine, better color space conversion, and increased encoding performance and resource management mean better results while using fewer resources.
Wirecast Go 2.0
Using our new and improved free* iOS app, you can stream to any Wirecast system from any location using your LTE or wifi connection with Rendezvous. Perfect for live remote production and contribution.
Wirecast 8 brings a wealth of new transition animations, including a complete overhaul to the “smooth” transition. Bring your shots on screen in style.
Dropshadow & Reflection
Add beautiful, customizable reflections and dropshadows to any source. Works with chroma keyed and live sources, so it only applies the effect on the correct part of the image.
| Operating System
Windows 7, 8, 10, macOS Sierra, Mac OS X El Capitan
| Windows 10, macOS Sierra
i5 dual-core @ 2.3GHz1
| i7 quad-core @ 2.8GHz+
| 16GB+ RAM
| Hard Drive
2GB2, 7200 RPM for record to disk
| 500GB+, Solid State OS Drive
| Graphics Card
Intel HD3, DirectX 11 capable
| Nvidia GeForce or AMD Radeon, 1GB+ video memory
| Internet Connectivity
Open HTTP/HTTPS port 80, RTMP port 1935, port 7272 for Remote Desktop Presenter
| If behind a firewall, check with your CDN for any sites to whitelist
1May be insufficient for 1080p+ or 60 fps workflows.
2Additional hard disk space required for record to disk.
3Insufficient for advanced Multi-Viewer workflows.
An internet connection is recommended for Wirecast 8.0 license activation.
ATTN: Wirecast 8 has dropped support of HDV licenses/cameras.
Please click here for additional information.
NewBlueFX Titler Live Express & Present - Includes over 60 title templates for lower-thirds and overlays (Mac & Windows).
- Purchase of Wirecast 8 Studio includes a free copy of NewBlueFX Titler Live Express.
- Purchase of Wirecast 8 Pro includes a free copy of NewBlueFX Titler Live Present.
Remote Desktop Presenter - Please use the Remote Desktop Presenter version 2.0.8, available as a separate download from Telestream.
Minimum Required Upload Speed
- It is recommended that an upload speed rate of at least double the selected video bitrate be available, especially for a total target bit-rate of 10Mbps (Megabits per second) or less, or when there are multiple outgoing streams.
- Upload speed can be tested at a website such as TestMy.net/upload.
- Additional tasks that can consume upload bandwidth on the network should also be considered when determining how much of the available upload bandwidth can be allocated towards streaming
Wirecast Rendezvous uses WebRTC technology that can be very resource intensive. For the best experience, we suggest considering the following table when choosing hardware:
||Studio (2 guests + 1 host)
||Pro (7 guests + 1 host)
|| Add 4 Mbps
|| Add 5+ Mbps5
|| i5 quad-core6
|| i7 quad-core6
4Based on a single simultaneous stream of 720p30 x264 @ 4.0Mbps.
5Bandwidth per guest will scale downwards as more are added to maintain reliability.
6Minimum recommended processor with example stream4. More demanding workflows may require a more capable CPU.
High frame-rate streaming (60fps):
- High frame-rate streaming will result in increased CPU usage and require a higher bit rate (4Mbps or higher) for a quality encode.
- Simply switching to a higher frame-rate without ensuring the CPU and bitrate are sufficient may result in a lower quality encode.
- Consider lowering your canvas frame rate and/or streaming resolution to lower CPU usage.
- Maintained system CPU usage greater than 60% will increase the likelihood of dropped frames.
- Solid State Drive or fast RAID array recommended for ISO Recording and Replay functionality.
- Actual data rates will vary depending on quality level selected for ProRes (Mac) or MJPEG recording (Windows), as well as the resolution and frame rate selected.
- For Mac ProRes recording please refer to Apple’s ProRes data rate specifications.
- Windows MJPEG Best Quality Guidelines (Megabytes per second):
- 1080i and 1080p 29.97 and 30 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality - ~25MB/sec
- 1080p 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality - ~50 MB/sec
- 720p 59.94 and 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality - ~20 MB/sec
- Total expected data rate should be compared to available disk write speed to ensure adequate disk throughput.
Failure to ensure the available disk write speed is greater than the highest expected total data rate may result in frames being dropped from recordings (ISO, Replay, and Record-to-Disk).
Hardware accelerated encoding requirements:
- Apple Hardware Accelerated H.264 encoding requires a Mac with an integrated Intel GPU.
Note: This may change in the future, as the Apple API decides what hardware acceleration method is to be used. At the time of this writing, only Quick Sync via an Intel GPU is supported.