Reallusion’s partnership with Faceware enables iClone 7 to achieve real-time facial motion capture and recording. This will empower indies and studios of all levels, giving them access to facial motion capture tools that are fast, accurate and markerless--all from a PC webcam.
Faceware Realtime for iClone is a professional quality real-time facial tracking software designed to give iClone users a simple, cost-effective, and powerful tool for animating character’s faces. Use a capable webcam to live mocap or a pre-recorded image sequence to drive natural human facial expressions and head movement.
- PC Camera Tracking: Use PC cam, GoPro or ProHD cameras to live capture facial animation.
- Image Sequence: Convert any video for use as a facial tracking source, making production iterations convenient.
- Access to all available camera supported frame rate and resolution.
- Recommended High Quality PC Camera:
- Logitech Brio Ultra HD, 60 fps
- Logitech HD Pro C920, 30 fps
- Face Tracking Model:
- StaticCam for desktop capture
- HeadCam for head mounted capture
- Calibrate on-the-fly, anytime without breaking the data stream.
- 3 second calibration! Simply position the face in the center of the frame and hold a neutral expression!
To fully utilize Faceware’s 42 facial tracking Face ID, iClone 7 has upgraded it's 3D Character Creation systems to 60 Facial Morphs. In addition, we added Synchronous Audio Recording, Feature-based Strength Sliders, Expression Blender, as well as Custom Profile feature in this facial plugin.
Tracking Data Inspector
Custom Capture Profiles
- Instant, dynamic feedback. These meters let you view your animation data in real time.
- Observe the relationship between your facial performance and the real-time data stream and adjust the result.
Feature-based Facial Strength Filters
- Default 60-morph capture profiles are optimized for StaticCam and HeadCam.
- Define expression style with morph sliders and save it as a Custom Capture Profile.
- Take advantage of the Search function to quickly access sliders.
Face Mask for Blend and Isolation Capture
- Globally or separately control the signal input strength for brows, eyelids, eyeballs, mouth, jaw, cheek, and head rotation.
- Easily capture stylized characters with proper strength settings for toning down or exaggerating features.
- Save settings for characters.
Smooth Head Movement
- Isolate facial features to either mocap the full face, or just capture certain features or muscles.
- Do multi-pass editing to blend up selected feature movements.
Synchronous Audio Recording during Facial Capture
- Head jitter sometimes occurs while performer has high frequency facial motions. Check the Smooth Head function to reduce the jitter and smooth out the head movement.
- Optionally record live audio with the face capture session.
- Recorded audio generates lip synch data.
- Blend lip-synch and motion capture to create the best result.
Works with iClone 7.02 above
High Quality PC Camera: Logitech Brio Ultra HD, 60 fps / Logitech HD Pro C920, 30 fps