ZBrush is a digital sculpting and painting program that has revolutionized the 3D industry with its powerful features and intuitive workflows. Built within an elegant interface, ZBrush offers the world's most advanced tools for today's digital artists. With an arsenal of features that have been developed with usability in mind, ZBrush creates a user experience that feels incredibly natural while simultaneously inspiring the artist within. With the ability to sculpt up to a billion polygons, ZBrush allows you to create limited only by your imagination.
Designed around a principle of circularity, the menus in ZBrush work together in a non-linear and mode-free method. This facilitates the interaction of 3D models, 2D images and 2.5D Pixols in new and unique ways.
ZBrush gives you all of the tools needed to quickly sketch out a 2D or 3D concept and then take that idea all the way to completion. You can create realistic renders directly in ZBrush with lighting and atmospheric effects. With the many powerful export options, you can easily prepare your model for 3D printing or use within any other digital application.
Because ZBrush users are enabled by its powerful software processing, you can sculpt and paint with millions of polygons with out having to worry about purchasing expensive graphics cards. It is for this reason why ZBrush is used by everyone from art enthusiast to major film and games studios.
Leave technical hurdles and steep learning curves behind, as you sculpt and paint with familiar brushes and tools.
Main Additions in ZBrush 4R8
- Live Boolean: For all their power, Boolean systems have historically required a lot of trial and error before finally getting a satisfying result. With Live Boolean, artists gain the ability to combine multiple sculptures together and see in real-time what the resulting mesh will look like. Any model can be subtracted from another, regardless of their polygon counts.
You can even use Live Boolean with the existing instancing systems in ZBrush such as NanoMesh and ArrayMesh. While Live Boolean is active, you can even sculpt on your models while previewing the Boolean results.
All of these options can be combined together to provide new sculpting workflows that are unique to ZBrush.
- Vector Displacement Mesh: Expand your Alpha arsenal with a new library of Vector Displacement Meshes (VDM). These are 3D sculpts used as brush building blocks that will allow undercutting when drawing on a model’s surface. As an example, you can draw a nose complete with nostrils in a single brush stroke. Or an ear with complete front and back sides. Or a bent finger, scales with a raised angle or even an open mouth. All of this without lost depth or detail.
Vector Displacement Mesh creates real overhangs as you sculpt. Push the details of your model with precise placement on sculpts with millions of polygons.
- Gizmo 3D: The Gizmo 3D provides the artist with a new, simple UI element that will allow sculpts to be manipulated and transformed with precise control. Gizmo 3D can be easily placed at any location or orientation to perform accurate transformations. You can instantly change the pivot point for Move, Scale, or Rotation. There are options to rotate relative to the surface normal or world axis and much more.
- Alpha 3D: Convert any sculpture or shape into a 2D alpha with the click of a button. Once the shape or sculpture has been captured, you can reposition, adjust, or even rotate the alpha to any axis. It’s a fast and interactive way to create uniquely different alphas for surface sculpting.
- Lazy Mouse 2.0: Our Lazy Mouse system was designed to draw with smooth, precisely controlled strokes. Now an artist can guide any stroke’s angle and length before applying the result to the surface. You can even keep a stroke on a consistent elevation level with no buildup when the stroke path crosses back over itself.
Ever want to apply a pattern continuously around a sculpt without any break in the design? The new LazySnap addition to Lazy Mouse makes it possible to start a stroke, stop to rotate the model, then continue the brush stroke from where you left off without breaking any pattern associated with the brush.
- 3D Text and Shape Creator: ZBrush 4R8 comes with a complete generator for creating 3D text in real-time. This makes it possible to create individual words or small phrase in 3D. You can also use an SVG file to create your own custom logo for placement on any surface.
Combined with the new Live Boolean system, this 3D text creator is an easy way to engrave or emboss your surfaces with text. Thanks to the new deformers you also have powerful ways to adjust the text or even change the silhouette of your logo.
- OS: 64-bit editions of Windows Vista or
- CPU: Intel i5/7/Xeon technology or
- RAM:8 GB required for working with
multi-million poly models. (16+ GB
- HDD: 100 GB of free hard
drive space for ZBrush and its
scratch disk. (SSD drive highly
- Pen Tablet: Wacom or Wacom
compatible. (WinTab API.)
- Monitor: 1920x1080 monitor
resolution or higher with 32-bit color.
- Video card: All types.
- OS: 64-bit editions of Windows Vista
or newer. (32-bit operating systems
are no longer supported.)
- CPU: Pentium or equivalent AMD.
- RAM: 4 GB (6+ GB strongly
- HDD: 8 GB of free hard drive space
for ZBrush and its scratch disk.
- Monitor: 1280x1024 monitor
resolution with 32-bit color.
- OS: Mac OSX: 10.8 or above.
- CPU: Intel i5/7/Xeon technology.
- RAM: 8 GB required for working
with multi-million polys. (16+ GB
- HDD: 100GB of free hard drive space
ZBrush and its scratch disk. (SSD
drive highly recommended.)
- Pen Tablet: Wacom or Wacom
compatible. (Carbon API.)Monitor:
1920x1080 monitor resolution or
higher with millions of colors.
- Video card: All types