Home > Categories > CAD > SolidWorks Student Edition 2017-2018 (12-month license)
SolidWorks Student Edition 2017-2018 (12-month license)
SolidWorks Student Edition files have a watermark and cannot share files with the commercial version of SolidWorks.
SolidWorks Student Edition uses a soft-lock mechanism to limit installation to one computer only.
If a file is created in SolidWorks 2017-2018 Student Edition, can it be opened in SolidWorks 2018-2019 Student Edition when that ships in the future? Yes, this works fine. If a file is created in a newer version, it can't be opened in a previous version (files are not backwards compatible), but the files are fully forward compatible.
SolidWorks Student Edition Installation Instructions, License Agreement, and System Requirements
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for installation support.
SolidWorks Student Edition Support Request Form for technical support.
SolidWorks Student Edition
SOLIDWORKS Student Edition 2017-2018 is here and packed with power and performance. Our mission is to provide students with the tools and skills they need to get the job of their dreams. With the SOLIDWORKS Student Edition, students have access to the same 3D development tools used by millions of engineering and design professionals around the world, so they can focus on what's really important--fostering new ideas, solving problems, teamwork, and innovation.
- 12 month term-of-use license
- SOLIDWORKS Premium software - the top-of-the-line SOLIDWORKS CAD product
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium - finite element analysis tools (FEA)
- SOLIDWORKS Motion - kinematic and motion simulation analysis tools
- SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation with HVAC and Electronics Cooling Modules - computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis tools
- SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium - simulation mold filling of your plastic parts and molds
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional - powerful schematic and systems integration design tool
- SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional - advanced rendering for photo-quality images
- SOLIDWORKS Sustainability - learn how your designs impact the environment
- SOLIDWORKS Model Based Definition - define, organize and publish 3D PMI
- MySolidWorks Standard - your connection to everything SOLIDWORKS
- Additional functions
- Animation functionality
- Toolbox - Library of Standards
- Photoview 360
- eDrawings Professional
- Complete online documentation and tutorials
- 14 language options: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Polish, Korean, Czech, Brazilian, Portuguese and Russian
- Access to the SOLIDWORKS discussion forums: http://forum.solidworks.com/forum
- A network of SOLIDWORKS users throughout the world: http://swugn.org
- A rich website of learning materials and videos: www.my.solidworks.com
- After placing your order, please submit a signed and dated CURRENT
STUDENT/FACULTY PURCHASE APPLICATION along with verification of your Student/Faculty
status, i.e., a copy of a current identification card from your educational
institution, a confirmed course schedule, or registration confirmation or
enrollment confirmation from the registrar's office. Please email the documents
to email@example.com or fax
them to 650.934.3234.
- The SolidWorks Student Edition is available to degree-seeking students
or full-time faculty members using the software for personal learning or academic
- A "degree-seeking student" is defined as a student who can confirm enrollment in a degree-granting program, or who can confirm full-time enrollment in a certificate-granting program.
- Do not purchase this software if you're not a degree-seeking student or a full-time faculty member.
- Research use is prohibited.
- Commercial and institutional use is prohibited.
- Select Students, then SolidWorks Student Edition to find installation guide, technical requirements, forums, other information
- Software ceases to function 12 months after activation
- Support is only available through the SOLIDWORKS website at www.solidworks.com/studentsupport
- Subscription support service (technical support, live support) is not included or available
- License may not be upgraded
- Registration requires Internet access
- Although SolidWorks Student Edition is functionally identical to the SolidWorks software used by professionals in the workplace, certain features make it unsuitable for commercial use.
- Institutional use of SolidWorks Student Edition is prohibited. Schools interested in licensing should contact an authorized SolidWorks reseller.
- SolidWorks Student Edition software may not be re-sold, transferred, rented, modified, or copied.
- Any misuse of the terms of the software license agreement will terminate the right to use this software.
Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 operating systems, on 64-bit versions ONLY.
SolidWorks Student Edition 2017-2018 will not work on Windows 8.0 or XP
Learn more at:www.solidworks.com/systemrequirements
Manufacturer Product Page