Create custom apps for your business
FileMaker Pro is simply powerful software used to create custom apps that work seamlessly across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web.
Easily build your own custom app to meet the unique - and changing - needs of your business. Or for inspiration, explore the built-in Starter Solutions for managing contacts, inventory, content, and more.
- Choose from a variety of professionally designed Starter Solutions to manage contacts, inventory, projects, invoices, assets, and more.
Import existing data
- Bring your existing data into FileMaker Pro, including .CSV, Tab, XML, ODBC, and Microsoft Excel files.
Customize with ease
- Use flexible design tools to make your layouts look and work just the way you want -- without extensive development experience or IT skills.
Get built-in reporting tools
- Easy-to-use reporting and charting tools make it easy to make summary reports, colorful charts, and executive dashboards with a few clicks. Save your information in popular Excel and PDF formats.
Share with your team
- Create custom apps that work together seamlessly across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web. Learn more about sharing information with your team.
Integrate with other programs
- Exchange and interact with data from other applications. Plus, create live, 2-way connections with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and IBM DB2 data sources.
New in FileMaker Pro 16
Layout Objects window
- Get a hierarchical list of all objects on your layout. Select an object and instantly make a change without having to ungroup the set. Plus, easily find stacked or hidden objects on your layout.
- In one easy step, create windows that are automatically sized and placed appropriately on the main screen. Users can open other windows or files without having to first close the card.
New FileMaker Pro interface on Windows OS
- Get a more native Windows OS experience on FileMaker Pro with the brand-new user interface.
Copy and paste value lists
- Save valuable development time with the ability to copy and paste value lists in FileMaker Pro.
Variables in FileMaker data source references Dynamically open hosted FileMaker files by specifying a variable when choosing a file path.
Enhanced cURL options
- With more than 90 cURL options to choose from, easily create detailed HTTP/HTTPS network calls to request JSON data from other applications via REST APIs.
- Use predefined functions to simplify parsing and generating JSON data requested from other data sources.
External script steps
- Extend the capabilities of third-party plug-ins with support for external script steps in the FileMaker Plug-in SDK and the iOS App SDK.
Clickable security lock icons
- Get more details about the security of your network connection, such as information about SSL certificates, related details, and certificate validity.
OAuth 2.0 support for accounts
- Use your existing Amazon, Google, or Microsoft Azure account credentials to log in to your FileMaker-based custom apps.
Field-level text encryption
- Ability to encrypt text in a field.
Custom apps created using FileMaker Pro 12 and later can be opened and used with FileMaker Pro 16 and FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced.
FileMaker Pro 16 and FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced can connect to the following hosts:
- FileMaker Server 16, 15, and 14
- FileMaker Pro 16, 15, and 14
- FileMaker Pro 16, 15, and 14 Advanced
- FileMaker Cloud 1.15.1 minimum
The latest updates must be applied to the above software before hosting FileMaker Pro 16 apps.
Note that OS X Yosemite 10.10 is no longer supported. Be sure to update your operating system before upgrading to FileMaker Pro 16.
Windows 10 Pro Edition
Windows 10 Enterprise Edition
Windows 8.1 Standard Edition
Windows 8.1 Pro Edition
Windows 7 SP1 Professional Edition
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate Edition
macOS Sierra 10.12
OS X El Capitan v10.11
*Version stated is the minimum requirement. FileMaker Pro may also work with later operating systems certified by FileMaker, Inc. Operating systems not listed in the table above have not been tested and are not supported.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
Remote Desktop Services and Citrix XenApp
- CPU: 1 GHz or faster x86- or x64-bit processor
- RAM: 1 GB (2GB Recommended)
- RAM: 2 GB (4GB Recommended)
Windows Remote Desktop Services and Citrix XenApp 7.5 supported on:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Remote Desktop Services clients supported on:
- Windows: Remote Desktop Services Client
- OS X: Microsoft Remote Desktop 8.0
Citrix ICA client minimum requirements*:
- Windows: Receiver for Windows 4.1.2
- OS X: Receiver for Mac 11.8.2
*At this time, only the above clients are supported by FileMaker, Inc. Other clients may work as expected but they have not been tested for use with FileMaker Pro and are not currently supported.
Peer-to-peer sharing is limited to 5 simultaneous client connections in addition to the host; each client requires a licensed copy of the software. Use FileMaker Server 16 for increased security options and sharing capability.
For Windows, FileMaker Pro and runtime solutions require Microsoft .NET framework version 4.6 or later.
ODBC and JDBC Client Drivers
about installing drivers to enable ODBC and JDBC clients to access FileMaker Pro data.
Supported email applications
FileMaker Pro can Send Mail via an email client application. To do so, you must have a supported email application installed and configured properly on your computer. See a list of supported email applications