Each seat of V-Ray is good for activating one computer as a standalone or a license server. When using a license server the computers on your local area network can take turns using that seat or seats.
V-Ray 3 for Rhino is made for designers. It' clean. It's simple. And it's now faster than ever to create great-looking renders right in Rhino.
V-Ray 3 is built to be the smartest and fastest renderer for Rhino. With new quick render presets and intuitive controls, you can focus on design, not the technical details. Its twin-engine rendering architecture can take full advantage of the latest CPU or GPU hardware. And with V-Ray's full suite of tools, you can render anything and everything - from quick design concepts to your most detailed 3D models.
What it is used for
V-Ray for Rhino is primarily used for architecture, engineering, product design and 3D animation.
- Easy to use: Easy to learn and easy to use, V-Ray works seamlessly with Rhino's versatile 3D modeling tools.
- Quality: V-Ray lets you render the highest quality images possible - right in Rhino.
- Power: V-Ray gives you the power to render anything and everything - from quick concepts to your largest and most detailed 3D models.
- Speed: Render fast, design faster. V-Ray for Rhino lets you spend more time being creative and less time waiting.
- Creative control: Focus on design, with a full set of creative tools for lights, materials and rendering.
- The industry standard: Top designers rely on V-Ray every day to visualize world-class products, buildings and more.
- New UI: Designer-friendly user interface for faster and easier workflows.
- Material library: Select from over 500 drag and drop materials to speed up your next project.
- V-Ray Swarm: Render with maximum power using V-Ray’s new simple and scalable distributed rendering.
- Denoiser: Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50%.
- Virtual Reality: Render virtual reality content for popular VR headsets.
- Section cuts: Render quick cutaways and cross sections with V-Ray Clipper.
- Aerial perspective: Add depth to your images with realistic atmospheric effects.
- Grass & fur: Create realistic grass, fabrics and carpet with V-Ray Fur.
- Twin-engine performance: V-Ray comes with two powerful rendering engines. With CPU or GPU acceleration, you can choose the fastest one for your hardware.
- Interactive rendering: Render while you design. See results right away as you adjust lights, materials and cameras.
- Global illumination: Render realistic rooms and interiors with V-Ray's powerful and fast global illumination.
- Accurate lights: Render natural and artificial lighting with a wide range of built-in light types.
- Environment lighting: Light your scenes with a single high-dynamic-range image (HDRI) of its environment.
- Sun & sky: Render realistic daylight for any time and any location.
- Real-world cameras: Work like a photographer with controls for exposure, white balance and depth of field.
- Physical materials: Create great looking materials that look exactly like the real thing.
- Detailed textures: Create detailed and unique materials using texture maps or one of V-Ray's built-in procedural textures.
- Proxy objects: Add highly detailed and complex objects like grass, trees, and cars with memory-efficient proxy models.
- Render elements: Render separate layers for more artistic control in your image-editing software.
- Frame buffer: Track your render history and fine-tune colors, exposure, and more directly in the V-Ray Frame Buffer.
- Render nodes: Give V-Ray Swarm an added speed boost with cost-effective render node licenses. Render nodes are compatible across V-Ray 3.x applications.
- V-Ray Scene export: Share complete, ready-to-render V-Ray 3 for Rhino files with any V-Ray 3.4 or higher application.
Please make sure that your system fulfills these requirements before installing V-Ray. Note that V-Ray is only supported for 64-bit operating systems and 64-bit versions of Rhino.
Processor - Intel Pentium IV or compatible processor with SSE3 support.
RAM - 4 GB RAM and 4 GB swap minimum, recommended 8 GB or more RAM, 8 GB or more swap file
TCP/IP - Only IPv4 is supported. IPv6 is currently not supported
Operating System - Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Rhino - Rhino 5 or later (64-bit versions only)