V-Ray Education can be purchased by a "Student/Teacher“ who can confirm enrollment/employment at a degree-granting educational institution. Students and staff must present current student ID or current proof of employment at the educational institution to purchase a license.
Each seat of V-Ray is good for activating one computer as a standalone or a license server. When using a license server the computers on your local area network can take turns using that seat or seats.
There are no limitations or functional differences between the educational and commercial versions of V-Ray for Rhino. Educational licenses for educational purposes only and not for commercial for-profit work, transfer, or resale.
V-Ray 3 for Rhino is made for designers. It's clean. It's simple. And it's now faster than ever to create great-looking renders right in Rhino.
V-Ray 3 is built to be the smartest and fastest renderer for Rhino. With new quick render presets and intuitive controls, you can focus on design, not the technical details. Its twin-engine rendering architecture can take full advantage of the latest CPU or GPU hardware. And with V-Ray's full suite of tools, you can render anything and everything - from quick design concepts to your most detailed 3D models.
What it is used for
V-Ray for Rhino is primarily used for architecture, engineering, product design and 3D animation.
- Easy to use: Easy to learn and easy to use, V-Ray works seamlessly with Rhino's versatile 3D modeling tools.
- Quality: V-Ray lets you render the highest quality images possible - right in Rhino.
- Power: V-Ray gives you the power to render anything and everything - from quick concepts to your largest and most detailed 3D models.
- Speed: Render fast, design faster. V-Ray for Rhino lets you spend more time being creative and less time waiting.
- Creative control: Focus on design, with a full set of creative tools for lights, materials and rendering.
- The industry standard: Top designers rely on V-Ray every day to visualize world-class products, buildings and more.
- New UI: Designer-friendly user interface for faster and easier workflows.
- Material library: Select from over 500 drag and drop materials to speed up your next project.
- V-Ray Swarm: Render with maximum power using V-Ray’s new simple and scalable distributed rendering.
- Denoiser: Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50%.
- Virtual Reality: Render virtual reality content for popular VR headsets.
- Section cuts: Render quick cutaways and cross sections with V-Ray Clipper.
- Aerial perspective: Add depth to your images with realistic atmospheric effects.
- Grass & fur: Create realistic grass, fabrics and carpet with V-Ray Fur.
- Twin-engine performance: V-Ray comes with two powerful rendering engines. With CPU or GPU acceleration, you can choose the fastest one for your hardware.
- Interactive rendering: Render while you design. See results right away as you adjust lights, materials and cameras.
- Global illumination: Render realistic rooms and interiors with V-Ray's powerful and fast global illumination.
- Accurate lights: Render natural and artificial lighting with a wide range of built-in light types.
- Environment lighting: Light your scenes with a single high-dynamic-range image (HDRI) of its environment.
- Sun & sky: Render realistic daylight for any time and any location.
- Real-world cameras: Work like a photographer with controls for exposure, white balance and depth of field.
- Physical materials: Create great looking materials that look exactly like the real thing.
- Detailed textures: Create detailed and unique materials using texture maps or one of V-Ray's built-in procedural textures.
- Proxy objects: Add highly detailed and complex objects like grass, trees, and cars with memory-efficient proxy models.
- Render elements: Render separate layers for more artistic control in your image-editing software.
- Frame buffer: Track your render history and fine-tune colors, exposure, and more directly in the V-Ray Frame Buffer.
- Render nodes: Give V-Ray Swarm an added speed boost with cost-effective render node licenses. Render nodes are compatible across V-Ray 3.x applications.
- V-Ray Scene export: Share complete, ready-to-render V-Ray 3 for Rhino files with any V-Ray 3.4 or higher application.
Please make sure that your system fulfills these requirements before installing V-Ray. Note that V-Ray is only supported for 64-bit operating systems and 64-bit versions of Rhino.
Processor - Intel Pentium IV or compatible processor with SSE3 support.
RAM - 4 GB RAM and 4 GB swap minimum, recommended 8 GB or more RAM, 8 GB or more swap file
TCP/IP - Only IPv4 is supported. IPv6 is currently not supported
Operating System - Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Rhino - Rhino 5 or later (64-bit versions only)