Wirecast is the only cross-platform, all-in-one live streaming production software that enables capture, live production, and encoding of live streams for broadcast to multiple servers and platforms simultaneously. Wirecast is ideal for streaming or recording live internet shows, broadcasting breaking news and sports, streaming live concerts and games, transmitting church services, corporate meetings, lectures and more.
You don't need to be a video professional to create polished live broadcasts. Wirecast is easy and affordable and all you need is a camera, a computer and an Internet connection to broadcast your live video productions to any audience, live or on-demand at a fraction of the cost of other live video streaming solutions.
Take advantage of powerful, cost-efficient hardware encoding capabilities for better performance and less CPU utilization.
With our new Global Hotkey Management System, you can now create your own hotkeys for switching, replay or any repetitive task in Wirecast.
New ways to configure Text
Add text to your broadcast from a variety of sources: typed in text, from a file, or from an RSS feed.
Delay the video and/or audio of an incoming source to better sync. Save thousands of dollars on expensive hardware.
Adjust the brightness, contrast, gamma, hue and saturation for all of your video and graphic sources.
3D Animated Titles
Create beautiful, animated 3D titles and graphics with Titler Live Express (a $99 value), now free with Wirecast 7. Choose from over 60 professionally-designed main title and lower third templates then customize the color, font and image to fit your needs.
See a complete list of features.
And so much more including: redesigned screen capture, system audio capture, solid color background source, and an audio mixer for greater control over all your audio sources! For a complete list of all the new features, see the Wirecast 7 release notes.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit
- Mac OS X Yosemite, Mac OS X El Capitan
Please note: Wirecast 7 does not support OS X Mavericks or previous versions of OS X
- Requires internet connectivity with HTTP/HTTPS port 80, and RTMP port 1935 open for streaming, Remote Desktop Presenter requires opening port 7272.
- An internet connection is recommended for Wirecast 7.0 license activation.
- For lowest quality (240p) streaming an upload rate of at least 650Kbps is required.
- 720p streaming requires an upload rate of at least 2500 Kbps.
- 1080p streaming requires an upload rate of at least 4500 Kbps.
- Wirecast Cam requires iOS 8 or later.
Recommended Hardware Specifications
- Consider lowering your canvas frame rate and/or streaming resolution to lower CPU usage.
- It is recommended that an upload rate of at least double the desired rate be available.
- Solid State Drive or fast RAID array recommended for ISO Recording and Replay functionality. Actual data rates will vary depending on quality level selected for ProRes (Mac OS X) or MJPEG recording (Windows), as well as the resolution and frame rate selected.
- For Mac OS X ProRes recording please refer to Apple’s ProRes data rate specifications
- Windows MJPEG Best Quality Guidelines (Megabytes per second):
- 1080i and 1080p 29.97 and 30 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality - ~25MB/sec
- 1080p 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality - ~50 MB/sec
- 720p 59.94 and 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality - ~20 MB/sec
Hardware accelerated encoding requirements
- Intel Core i3 CPU @ 1.7 Ghz or higher recommended for 540p streaming with x264 @ 30 fps.
- Intel Core i5 CPU @ 2.5 Ghz or higher recommended for 720p streaming with x264 @ 30 fps.
- Intel Core i7 CPU @ 3.0Ghz or higher recommended for 1080p streaming with x264 @ 30fps.
Note: 60 FPS streaming will result in increased CPU usage and a high bit rate (4Mbps or higher) for good quality.
- Intel HD, NVIDIA GeForce, or AMD Radeon class graphics adapter that are both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 capable.
- Minimum 4GB RAM, 2GB free hard disk space. Additional hard disk space required for recording to disk.
Manufacturer Product Page
Download Trial Version