Home > Categories > CAD > SolidWorks Student Edition 2016-2017 (12-month license)
SolidWorks Student Edition 2016-2017 (12-month license)
SolidWorks Student Edition files have a watermark and cannot share files with the commercial version of SolidWorks.
SolidWorks Student Edition uses a soft-lock mechanism to limit installation to one computer only.
If a file is created in SolidWorks 2016-2017 Student Edition, can it be opened in SolidWorks 2017-2018 Student Edition when that ships in the future? Yes, this works fine. If a file is created in a newer version, it can't be opened in a previous version (files are not backwards compatible), but the files are fully forward compatible.
SolidWorks Student Edition Installation Instructions, License Agreement, and System Requirements
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for installation support.
SolidWorks Student Edition Support Request Form for technical support.
SolidWorks Student Edition
Develop the abilities you'll need for a successful career. By learning SOLIDWORKS, you'll gain vital mechanical CAD, design validation, and data management skills that today’s employers demand. And with new Electrical Professional and Composer functionality, you can add electrical system design and manufacturing documentation creation to your skillsets. The easy-to-use SOLIDWORKS Student Edition lets you sharpen your skills outside the classroom as you learn to design better products.
- 12-month term-of-use license of:
- SOLIDWORKS Premium (3D CAD software)
- SOLIDWORKS Motion (kinematics analysis)
- SOLIDWORKS Sustainability (environmental impact assessment tools)
- SOLIDWORKS MBD (Model-Based Definition - define, organize and publish 3D PMI)
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium (FEA tools)
- SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation (CFD tools) with Electronics Cooling Module and HVAC Module
- SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium (part and mold filling analysis)
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical Professional (electrical system design tools: Schematic and 3D) - NEW!
- SOLIDWORKS Composer (publishing and documentation) - NEW!
- MySolidWorks for Students (your connection to everything SOLIDWORKS) - NEW!
- 14 language options: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Polish, Korean, Czech, Brazilian, Portuguese and Russian
- Access to the SOLIDWORKS discussion forums: http://forum.solidworks.com/forum
- A network of SOLIDWORKS users throughout the world: http://swugn.org
- A rich website of learning materials and videos: www.my.solidworks.com
- The SOLIDWORKS Student Edition is available to degree-seeking students or full-time faculty members using the software for personal learning or academic purposes.
- A "degree-seeking student" is defined as a student who can confirm enrollment in a degree-granting program, or who can confirm full-time enrollment in a certificate-granting program.
- Do not purchase this software if you're not a degree-seeking student or a full-time faculty member.
- Research use is prohibited.
- Commercial and institutional use is prohibited.
- Select Students, then SOLIDWORKS Student Edition to find installation guide, technical requirements, forums, other information
- Software ceases to function 12 months after activation
- Support is only available through the SOLIDWORKS website at www.solidworks.com/studentsupport
- Subscription support service (technical support, live support) is not included or available
- License may not be upgraded
- Registration requires Internet access
- Although SOLIDWORKS Student Edition is functionally identical to the SOLIDWORKS software used by professionals in the workplace, certain features make it unsuitable for commercial use.
- Institutional use of SOLIDWORKS Student Edition is prohibited. Schools interested in licensing should contact an authorized SOLIDWORKS EDU reseller.
- SOLIDWORKS Student Edition software may not be re-sold, transferred, rented, modified, or copied.
- Any misuse of the terms of the software license agreement will terminate the right to use this software.
Product base SOLIDWORKS 2016
Manufacturer Product Page