Squeeze Desktop Standard is our workhorse video encoder, the swiss-army-knife you need to convert your video from virtually any format into the most used video formats while giving you astounding control over the aspect ratio, bitrate, and more. The Standard version includes an H.264 preset, which allows you to more easily encode for HD and 4K streaming. We also include a FREE account of Squeeze Stream so you can upload and manage your videos online, create custom video players, and utilize intelligent embed codes. For a full list of Squeeze Stream features, visit the Squeeze Stream page. We easily integrate with video editors like Avid, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere. Squeeze Desktop Standard is great for video professionals, editors, web content creators, small production companies, and anyone who wants their videos to look pristine.
Add your branding or other content on-the-fly to the beginning and/or end of an existing video.
This new HLS security feature utilizes customized root URLs in manifest files in order to serve index files and media files from different locations.
More Timecode Options
Use timecodes from source files or customize your own. Also preserve QuickTime timecode tracks.
New Features Included in Squeeze 11
Supported Video Codecs
- Import Sequenced Still Images: To help support the growing number of camera and mobile devices that have the option to export video out as individual frames in the form of a sequence of image files (i.e. Time Lapse footage), Squeeze 11 provides the ability to import "Sequenced Image Files" in the form of .jpg or .tif files.
- Multi-Track Audio Support: Squeeze 11 has implemented support for .MOV source files that contain multiple audio tracks and allows you to encode those tracks when exporting to MOV or MP4 output files. The most common workflow requested with this feature is multi-language track support but can be used in other scenarios as well.
- XDCAM OP1a (MXF): Sorenson Squeeze 11 has added support for exporting MXF with an additional Operational Pattern, the OP1a operational pattern. This operational pattern may include multiple tracks of audio and video that are interleaved into a single file, creating a self contained file. OP1a files can be exported by creating an MXF preset and selecting one of the three XDCAM Format Constraints.
- Removal of Output Frame rate Restrictions: Squeeze Desktop has always been a tool that focused on being powerful, flexible, and simple to use. In Squeeze Desktop 11 we have implemented the ability for you to export our output file at a frame rate that is greater than your source frame rate. This is done by strategically duplicating frames, allowing you to meet your file requirements while maintaining the quality of your video.
- Expanded 4k & UHD Support (64 bit processing): As 4K and UHD video becomes more and more common in our everyday video workflows, we find increasing importance for 64bit processing and system memory usage. In Squeeze Desktop 11 we have expanded our 64bit support to help your system handle the increased memory needs for processing content of these new frame sizes and data rates. 64bit encoding will slow down the encode time so it should only be used when necessary if you are worried about a job's throughput, but when you are doing the heavy lifting, working with 4K and UHD content, 64bit is the only way to go.
- Updated Codecs (x.264, h.264, VP9, x.265/HEVC): At Sorenson Media we always strive to provide our customers with the latest and greatest in encoding technology, Squeeze Desktop 11 is no different. We have updated the codecs that you already know and love, to bring you faster and more efficient encoding.
- High Bit-Depth Dithering Filter: Squeeze Desktop is the tool for anybody that needs to encode video and one of the features new to Squeeze Desktop 11 is High Bit-Depth Dithering. Dithering is required when you are working with High Bit-Depth Color, such as 10-bit color, and exporting as 8bit color. Dithering will automatically smooth over the color variations and banding that occurs during this color conversion, resulting in a great looking output file. Our new Dithering Filter helps you get the job done. To add even more flexibility to your encoding choices, you will find three different dithering methods to solve your dithering needs; truncate, triangular and bayer ordered. All three of these dithering methods do a great job and work fast, the choice often comes down to personal preference for your individual job.
- Text Watermark: New to Squeeze 11 is the Text Watermark filter, giving you a simple way to quickly watermark your output content and make sure viewers know who encoded or created the file.
- Avid ISIS Support
- Source File Info Dialogue: For a while now, the Squeeze Desktop team was looking for a way to give our customers more control over their source files, in version 11 we have added the "Inspect Source Information" dialog. This new feature gives you more information on your source file and how Squeeze is reading it, what Reader is being used, Frame Size, Audio Sample Rate and number of Channels, but this feature also give you the control to change how Squeeze thinks about some aspects of your source file, Aspect Ratio, Frame Rate, and Color Space (RGB & YUV 709). Explore this new feature in Squeeze Desktop 11.
Image Sequences (.jpg & .tiff), VP9, HEVC, H.264, x264, MPEG-4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-TS, DV (DV25), VP8, H263, Motion JPEG A, JPEG2000, Animation, Avid DNxHD, Avid DV, Avid Meridien, Blackmagic (8 & 10-bit), Cinepak, DVCPRO25, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO HD, H.261, HDV, IMX, MJPEG A/B, Media 100, Pixlet, RAW, RED, Sheer Video, Sorenson Video 1 (SV1), Sorenson Video 2 (SV2), Sorenson Video 3 (SV3), Targa Cine, YUV, XDCAM, XDCAM HD 422, XDCAM EX, YCbCr, FLV 6 - 8, WM Screen V9, WMV 7 - 9 Advanced, VC1, WMV-Bluray HD
VP9, MC H.264, x264, Apple H.264, Sorenson MPEG-4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DV (DV25), VP8, MOV, Motion JPEG A, JPEG2000, Animation, Cinepak, DVCPRO25, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO HD, H.261, HDV, IMX, MJPEG A/B, YUV, Pixlet (Mac only), Sorenson Video 3 (SV3), Sorenson Spark, H.263, WM Screen V9 (PC only), WMV 7 - 9 Advanced (PC only), VC-1, WMV-Bluray HD
Supported Video Formats
3GPP, AVI, DV, FLV, M4V, M2V, MOV, MP4, MPG, MTS, MKV, SWF (output), VC1, WebM, WMV
Adaptive Bitrate Standards
Multi-Rate Bundling, MPEG DASH, Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Microsoft Smooth Streaming (H.264) and Adobe Flash Dynamic Streaming
Supported Audio Codecs
AC3, AAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, MPEG Layer 1, MPEG Layer 2, LPCM, Windows Media Audio
Supported Audio Formats
AAC, AC3, AIFF, M2A, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA