mimoLive (formerly BoinxTV) is like a full blown TV studio at a fraction of the cost. Combine live camera video, clips, photos, 3D graphics, lower thirds, audio and more to create a stunning recording or live video.
With mimoLive, your students easily create a newscast for your school and record events like lectures, sports, concerts, and more. For most students, it is a much more satisfying and motivating experience to have an active role in making a television show than just watching one. It gives students an immediate sense of achievement -- it's fun and motivating for those in front of the camera, but also for the operating studio team, to see the results immediately. Creating documentaries, conducting interviews, and developing events gives the students limitless possibilities -- building a learning experience that is personally relevant to them, that is personally created, written, edited, and photographed by them.
New in mimoLive
- Built in live streaming to any RTMP-based streaming service (including Wowza, YouTube, Facebook, Twitch.tv and more)
- Integrate with your workflow using SDI playout including an alpha channel using hardware from BlackMagic Design
- Direct manipulation in layers, to directly adjust all visual elements
- Frosted glass effects in many layers
- Modern 64-Bit architecture, so mimoLive can now use all the RAM available
- All new user interface
- You need the Blackmagic Desktop Video Driver 10.4.1 or newer for Blackmagic devices to work. These can be downloaded here.
mimoLive requires an Intel-based Mac with discrete graphics from ATI or NVIDIA and a minimum of 8 GB of RAM. mimoLive runs on all current notebook and desktop Macs (including the MacBook with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M) with the exception of the Macs with integrated Intel GMA graphics (the earliest Mac mini, and the white or black MacBook models).
On the software side, mimoLive requires Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10 or higher). In addition, the Apple Intermediate Codec or Apple ProRes Codec is strongly recommended.