The Rhino 5.0, Flamingo nXt, Penguin & Bongo 2.0 Education Lab Kit can be used on all the computers in a single classroom or lab and the instructor's computer or as floating license on up to 30 computers in a department (A network and the Zoo is required for floating network license).
Rhino is a 3D modeling tool that can create, edit, analyze, document, render, animate, and translate NURBS curves, surfaces, solids and polygon meshes.
Flamingo nXt allows you to easily create stunning, life-like images from your 3D models. Flamingo nXt provides a high quality in-Rhino visualization solution.
Penguin is a conceptual, sketch and cartoon, non-photometric scan line renderer. With Penguin you can create stylized images of your models with an artistic look for enhanced graphic and visual appeal.
Bongo 2 brings professional animation into Rhino, using familiar keyframe tools found in most high-end animation packages
Rhino 5 for Windows runs on ordinary Windows desktop and laptop computers, with:
Note: Apple hardware is supported only with Bootcamp.
- 1 GB RAM. 8 GB or more is recommended
- DVD drive or an Internet connection for installation
- 600 MB disk space
- OpenGL 2 capable video card
- No more than 63 CPU Cores.
Note: Both 32- and 64-bit versions are installed on 64-bit
- Windows 7 or 8 - recommended
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (32-bit only) Service Pack 3
- Service releases downloaded automatically
- License validation and product registration is simplified
For a 30-user license to use Rhino on the computers in a single classroom or lab (one room), a network is not needed.
A network and the Zoo is required for a 30-user floating network license.
- Windows NT, 95, 98, ME, or 2000
- Windows XP 64-bit
- Mac OS X
- Virtualization systems on OS X such as VMWare and Parallels