The Rhino 5.0 Education Lab Kit can be used on all the computers in a single classroom or lab and the instructor's computer or as floating license on up to 30 computers in a department (A network and the Zoo is required for floating network license).
Rhino 5.0 is the market leader in industrial design modeling software.
Highly complicated shapes can be directly modeled or acquired through 3D digitizers.
With its powerful NURBS based engine Rhino 5.0 can create, edit, analyze,
and translate curves, surfaces, and solids. There are no limits on complexity,
degree, or size. Rhino 5.0 also supports polygon meshes and point
clouds for a complete coverage of geometric data types. With its unparalleled
modeling power Rhino 5.0 lets you focus on designing, not on
cumbersome modeling workarounds.
Key Features and Benefits
What's New in Rhino 5.0
- Uninhibited free-form 3-D modeling tools like those found only in high-end
systems. Model any shape you can imagine.
- Accuracy needed to design, prototype, engineer, analyze, and manufacture
anything from an airplane to jewelry.
- Compatibility with all your other design, drafting, CAM, engineering, analysis,
rendering, animation, and illustration software.
- Read and repair extremely challenging IGES files.
- Accessible. So easy to learn and use that you can focus on design and visualization
without being distracted by the software.
- Fast, even on an ordinary laptop computer. No special hardware is needed.
- Affordable. Ordinary hardware. Short learning curve. Priced like other Windows
software. No maintenance fees.
Enhancements include robust variable blend tools, improved booleans, and G-infinity
New Editing Tools
New Editing tools including UDT for free-form deformation of all geometry types,
feature recognition for direct polysurface and solids editing and command history
for editing surfaces by changing their input curves.
Enhancements including SmartTrack technology and live help with video clips.
The new pipelines takes advantage of the latest graphic card technology to provide
a major speed improvement, new advanced display modes, new analysis tools, dual-screen
support, and support for new third-party applications.
High-quality presentation is critical to most design projects. Rhino 5 has enhanced the rendering tools in both the basic Rhino renderer and in support of plug-in renderers.
2-D drawing/drafting tools
Several enhancements including line styles, line weights, hidden lines, dimensions,
hatching, page layout and printing/plotting.
Mesh modeling, editing, analysis, repair, and rapid prototyping
Major enhancements in mesh creation and editing. Also many new tools for STL
repair and 3-D printing.
Analysis with new tools for both measurement and display
Also enhanced tools detecting problems and evaluating model quality so the problems
downstream can be avoided.
Large projects support
Large project are now supported with hierarchical layer management, file locking,
and enhanced support for work-sessions, blocks, and reference files.
Several improvements including improved Adobe PDF, Adobe Illustrator, STEP,
Autodesk DWG/DXF, PLY, DGN, FBX, SolidWorks, Google Earth, SketchUp, and WAMIT
New Software developer tools
Enhancements for users and third-party developers.
Rhino 5 for Windows runs on ordinary Windows desktop and laptop computers, with:
Note: Apple hardware is supported only with Bootcamp.
- 1 GB RAM. 8 GB or more is recommended
- DVD drive or an Internet connection for installation
- 600 MB disk space
- OpenGL 2 capable video card
- No more than 63 CPU Cores.
Note: Both 32- and 64-bit versions are installed on 64-bit
- Windows 7 or 8 - recommended
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (32-bit only) Service Pack 3
- Service releases downloaded automatically
- License validation and product registration is simplified
- Windows NT, 95, 98, ME, or 2000
- Windows XP 64-bit
- Mac OS X, but an OS X version is under development. Details...
- Virtualization systems on OS X such as VMWare and Parallels
For a 30-user license to use Rhino on the computers in a single classroom or lab (one room), a network is not needed.
A network and the Zoo is required for a 30-user floating network license.