The Penguin Education Lab Kit can be used on all the computers in a single classroom or lab and the instructor's computer or as floating license on up to 30 computers in a department (a network and the Zoo is required for floating network license).
Penguin is a conceptual, sketch and cartoon, non-photometric scan line renderer. With Penguin you can create stylized images of your models with an artistic look for enhanced graphic and visual appeal.
Details (New in Penguin 2.0)
- Conceptual, non-photorealistic renderer
- Easy to use, works seamlessly inside Rhino and AutoCAD
- Fast. Quickly produces an image in the desired resolution
- Uses OpenGL rendering for fast results
- Rhino or AutoCAD based. Render changes to the model immediately. You never need to export or start over
- Renders all models (except Flamingo or AccuRender plants).
- Batch rendering through scripts
- Antialiasing with user control
- Complements your project renderings with synthetic images
- Ability to create your own rendering styles
- Support for TGA, BMP, PCX, PNG and JPEG file formats
- Supports background bitmaps
Penguin 2.0 for Rhino
- Penguin 2.0 runs inside Rhino and has the same hardware requirements. Rhino with Penguin runs on ordinary Windows desktop and laptop computers.
- Penguin works with Rhino 4.0 and 5.0 (32 and 64 bits).
Penguin 2.0 for AutoCAD
- No special hardware is needed beyond what is required for AutoCAD.
- Works in AutoCAD 2004 to 2011 and compatible applications (ADT, MDT).
For a 30-user license to use Penguin on the computers in a single classroom or lab (one room), a network is not needed.
A network and the Zoo is required for a 30-user floating network license.