The Flamingo nXt Education Lab Kit can be used on all the computers in a single classroom or lab and the instructor's computer or as floating license on up to 30 computers in a department (A network and the Zoo is required for floating network license).
Flamingo nXt allows you to easily create stunning, life-like images from your
3D models. Flamingo nXt provides a high quality in-Rhino visualization solution.
Easy to Use
With nXt you don't need to be a professional renderer to get realistic results
quickly. You provide materials and lighting and press the Render button. nXt provides
the simulation. Unlike many rendering products, there are very few settings to
worry about or understand.
nXt produces realistic results by simulating light transport in your model. Indirect
lighting as well as complex reflection and refraction can be easily incorporated
into the simulation. Interior and exterior daylight simulations, HDR image-based
lighting, and many other techniques are all handled easily, with minimal configuration
nXt uses efficient, modern ray-casting technology to produce results as quickly
as possible. All processor cores are automatically utilized in parallel. Images
are continually refined and improved over time.
Loaded with Extras
- Image Editor with support for multiple lighting channels.
- 3D Plant Editor.
- Render Farm support.
- Content libraries (plants, materials, HDRi).
- Pre-textured mesh support.
- Support for 3rd party texture sets.
Default lighting presets for quick setups of common scenes
Advance use of high dynamic range images for scene lighting.
Free library of high Quality HDRI images for lighting.
Soft shadows calculated automatically.
Indirect lighting calculated enhancing depth in renderings.
Lighting Channels allow you to edit light strength realtime without the need
to re-render the scene.
Automated daylight calculation based on lighting presets.
- Studio Lighting
- Exterior Daylight
- Interior Daylight
- Artificial Lighting
Material templates for common materials
Blurry reflections, control over Fresnel effects and reflection styles
New Bump Mapping
True Displacement Mapping
Materials stored in model for easy transfer to others
Drag and Drop material assignment
Path tracing -
Progressive render continues to improve effects each pass
Less memory needed for models with many of the same block
Alpha channel support for compositing in backgrounds or objects
Tone mapping for brighter images
Burn control - White point adjustment
Post-processing - no re-rendering required
Fractal tree generator
Background rendering option allows modeling while rendering
- Depth of Field
- Wires on/off
- Text on/off
- Adjust lighting channels
RenderFarm (Network Rendering)
Set multiple computers to rendering on image
Distribute render to other computers while working
New in nXt
- Rhino 4.0 or 5.0
Suported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
* Flamingo will run as a 32-bit process when running in Rhino 4.0 for on any operating system (this limits Flamingo to 2GB of memory). To take full advantage of 64-bit operating systems, Rhino 5.0 64-bit is required.
- 1 GB RAM or more is recommended.
- Hardware requirements match Rhinos's hardware requirements.
- Multiple CPU cores will accelerate renderings are recommended.
- Video card speed does not affect Flamingo NXT.
- Virtualization systems such as VMWare and Parallels are supported. Running Macintosch hardware with Bootcamp and one of the Operating systems above is supported.
For a 30-user license to use Flamingo nXt on the computers in a single classroom or lab (one room), a network is not needed.
A network and the Zoo is required for a 30-user floating network license.