The Rhino Education Lab Kit Mac can be used on all the computers in a single classroom or lab and the instructor's computer or as floating license on up to 30 computers in a department (a network and the Zoo is required for floating network license).
- A user's guide on the CD in PDF format
- Level 1 and Level 2 training guides, also on CD in PDF format
- A curriculum guide with Word documents on CD
- An advanced training tutorial on CD
- A CD with the Rhino software
Rhino can create, edit, analyze, document, render, animate, and translate NURBS
* curves, surfaces, and solids, point clouds, and polygon meshes. There are no limits on complexity, degree, or size beyond those of your hardware.
Special features include:
Rhino 5 for Mac does not contain all the features found in Rhino 5 for Windows
- Uninhibited free-form 3-D modeling tools like those found only in products costing 20 to 50 times more. Model any shape you can imagine.
- Accuracy needed to design, prototype, engineer, analyze, and manufacture anything from an airplane to jewelry.
- Compatibility with all your other design, drafting, CAM, engineering, analysis, rendering, animation, and illustration software.
- Read and repair meshes and extremely challenging IGES files.
- Accessible. So easy to learn and use that you can focus on design and visualization without being distracted by the software.
- Fast, even on an ordinary laptop computer. No special hardware is needed.
- Affordable. Ordinary hardware. Short learning curve. Affordable purchase price. No maintenance fees.
. Features like Plug-in Support
, and Animation Tools
, while not included in the initial release, are planned for subsequent updates.
- Apple Mac with an Intel processor.
- 8 GB or more is recommended.
- Internet connection for installation and validation.
- 600 MB disk space.
- NVIDIA or AMD graphics processor is recommended.
- Multiple-button mouse with scroll wheel is recommended.
- The SpaceNavigator is supported.
- OS X 10.8.5, 10.9.5 or 10.10 or later.
For a 30-user license to use Rhino on the computers in a single classroom or lab (one room), a network is not needed.
A network and the Zoo
is required for a 30-user floating network license.