HitFilm 3 Pro gives you everything you need to be editor, VFX artist and colorist, merging a non-linear editor with advanced 3D compositing and over 180 effects, plus mocha tracking from Imagineer and 130 plugins for your other video software.
HitFilm's unique design combines an NLE and compositor in a single interface so that switching between timelines is as easy as changing tabs in your web browser. It's the fastest way to iterate and innovate.
HitFilm 3 Pro is the direct successor to HitFilm 2 Ultimate. Hitfilm 3 Pro has new particle simulator features, the editor is more powerful, the editor-compositor workflow works better due to new background proxying. The interface has a new, low profile design with intelligent caching to make it faster. We've added over 20 new effects and OpenFX compatibility. Mocha HitFilm's capabilities have been expanded to include mask tracking. There's even a new 16-bit in-to-out OpenEXR pipeline.
Upgraded Particle simulator
- New emitter types
- 3D model textures
Take a simulator capable of generating hundreds of thousands particles, then combine it with live 3D model rendering. That's HitFilm 3 Pro. Proper 3D particle textures revolutionizes the entire system.
Faster and faster with background proxing
HitFilm 3 Pro takes a giant step forwards towards that dream of a no-waiting, no-rendering workflow. Even if you've created an intensive particle simulation with hundreds of thousands of particles, you can continue to edit and work on other shots while HitFilm silently renders a proxy in the background. Before you know it, the VFX shot will be playing back smoothly on your timeline.
HitFilm 3 Pro is OpenFX compliant, opening the door to a whole world of exciting third party plugins. We're working with numerous developers including Red Giant, RE:Vision Effects, NewBlueFX and the makers of Primatte to make sure that HitFilm users have a broad choice of high quality plugins.
HitFilm 3 Pro comes with 130 premium plugins designed for use in Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Vegas, After Effects and Motion. No need to buy them separately.
HitFilm 3 Pro has a new version of atomic particles which can be applied directly to 3D objects, creating an array of particles arranged according to the model's 3D geometry.
Tracking masks with mocha
Every purchase of HitFilm 3 Pro includes mocha HitFilm 4.0 from Imagineer Systems. You can now export a tracked shape back into HitFilm 3 Pro to use as an animated mask.
We've improved the overall visual fidelity of 3D objects. Ambient occlusion now uses 32-bit rendering and you can even go up to 32x MSAA if your hardware can handle it. A new wireframe feature has also been added.
Over 20 new effects
(here's a short list)
- Auto volumetrics creates 3D light rays. At first glance these can look similar to the light rays effect found in HitFilm 2, until you realize that volumetrics react properly to a 3D camera. It's great for augmenting on-set lighting.
- Heat distortion is needed in a lot of projects. From jet exhaust to a burning desert landscape, this new effect makes it super fast and easy to create realistic heat distortion without needing to generate your own displacement texture.
- Lens blur provides a post-processed depth of field, based on a depth map and with customization of the iris bloom shape.
- Pro skin retouch for an application of digital make-up.
- Grade transfer for instantly matching looks across multiple clips
Minimum system requirements
- Windows 7, Windows 8, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.9 Mavericks or OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- 64-bit operating system
- 650MB free hard disk space for installation
- Internet connection required for activation and web services
- Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 or Intel Xeon (Nehalem) processor or AMD equivalent
- 4GB RAM
- OpenGL 2.0 graphics card with at least 512MB video memory (NVIDIA GeForce 9 series, AMD Radeon HD 5000 series, Intel HD 4000). 1GB of video memory is required for 4K projects
- Video: Quicktime, AVCHD, AVI, M2T, M2TS, MOV, MP4 (AVC/H264 & AAC), MPEG-1 & MPEG-2 (TS, PS, MPE, MPG, MPEG, M2V), MTS, MXF (DVCPro HD), DV, HDV, WMV
- Audio: AAC, MP3, M4A, MPA, WAV, WMA
- Image & sequences: BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, TIFF, TGA
- 3D: LWO, 3DS, OBJ
- Project: HFP (HitFilm Project), HFCS (HitFilm Composite Shot)
- Camera data: MA (Maya formatted)
- Export: Quicktime, OpenEXR, MP4 (AVC/H264 & AAC), Image sequence (PNG, JPG, BMP), AVI (uncompressed, PAL DV, NTSC DV), YouTube direct upload