Home > Categories > CAD > SolidWorks Student Edition 2014-2015 (12-month license)
SolidWorks Student Edition 2014-2015 (12-month license)
SolidWorks Student Edition files have a watermark and cannot share files with the commercial version of SolidWorks.
SolidWorks Student Edition uses a soft-lock mechanism to limit installation to one computer only.
If a file is created in SolidWorks 2014-2015 Student Edition, can it be opened in SolidWorks 2015-2016 Student Edition when that ships in the future? Yes, this works fine. If a file is created in a newer version, it can't be opened in a previous version (files are not backwards compatible), but the files are fully forward compatible.
SolidWorks Student Edition Installation Instructions, License Agreement, and System Requirements
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for installation support.
SolidWorks Student Edition Support Request Form for technical support.
SolidWorks Student Edition
Develop the abilities you'll need for a successful career. By learning SolidWorks, you'll gain vital mechanical CAD, design validation, and data management skills that today’s employers demand. With a SolidWorks background, you’ll have a clear advantage in the engineering or industrial design job markets. The easy-to-use SolidWorks Student Edition lets you sharpen your skills outside the classroom as you learn to design better products.
- 12 month term-of-use license
- SolidWorks Premium software
- SolidWorks Simulation Premium - finite element analysis tools (FEA)
- SolidWorks Motion - kinematic and motion simulation analysis tools
- SolidWorks Flow Simulation with HVAC and Electronics Cooling Modules - computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis tools
- SolidWorks Sustainability - learn how your designs impact the environment
- SolidWorks Plastics Advanced - simulation mold filling of your plastic parts and molds
- SolidWorks Costing
- Additional functions
- Animation functionality
- Toolbox - Library of Standards
- Photoview 360
- eDrawings Professional
- Complete online documentation and tutorials
- 14 language options: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Polish, Korean, Czech, Brazilian, Portuguese and Russian
- Access to the SolidWorks discussion forums:
- A network of SolidWorks users throughout the world: http://swugn.org
- A rich website of learning materials and videos: www.my.SolidWorks.com
- After placing your order, please submit a signed and dated CURRENT
STUDENT/FACULTY PURCHASE APPLICATION along with verification of your Student/Faculty
status, i.e., a copy of a current identification card from your educational
institution, a confirmed course schedule, or registration confirmation or
enrollment confirmation from the registrar's office. Please email the documents
to email@example.com or fax
them to 650.934.3234.
- The SolidWorks Student Edition is available to degree-seeking students
or full-time faculty members using the software for personal learning or academic
- A “degree-seeking student” is defined as a student who can
confirm enrollment in a degree-granting program, or who can confirm full-time
enrollment in a certificate-granting program. Do not purchase this software
if you're not a degree-seeking student or a full-time faculty member. Commercial
and institutional use is prohibited.
- Select Students, then SolidWorks Student Edition to find installation guide, technical requirements, forums, other information
- Software ceases to function 12 months after activation
- Support is only available through the SolidWorks website at www.SolidWorks.com/studentsupport
- Subscription support service (technical support, live support) is not included or available
- License may not be upgraded
- Registration requires Internet access
- Although SolidWorks Student Edition is functionally identical to the SolidWorks software used by professionals in the workplace, certain features make it unsuitable for commercial use.
- Institutional use of SolidWorks Student Edition is prohibited. Schools interested in licensing should contact an authorized SolidWorks reseller.
- SolidWorks Student Edition software may not be re-sold, transferred, rented, modified, or copied.
- Any misuse of the terms of the software license agreement will terminate the right to use this software.
Product base SolidWorks 2014
Supports Windows platform only [Windows 7 (both 32 & 64 bit versions) & Windows 8 (64 bit only)]
NO Support for Windows XP or Windows Vista
Manufacturer Product Page
Learning SolidWorks 2014 - Training DVD
MakerBot Replicator Mini Desktop 3D Printer