V-Ray Education can be purchased by a "Student/Teacher“ who can confirm enrollment/employment at a degree-granting educational institution. Students and staff must present current student ID or current proof of employment at the educational institution to purchase a license.
Each seat of V-Ray is good for activating one computer as a standalone or a license server. When using a license server the computers on your local area network can take turns using that seat or seats.
The educational version of V-Ray for 3ds Max will only work with the educational version of 3ds Max. Please sign the V-RAY SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES after you've placed your order and email or fax (650.934.3234) the completed form. Chaos Group requires this form for
V-Ray for 3ds Max educational orders.
Built to meet the creative demands of CG artists and designers, V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max is a comprehensive physically-based lighting, shading, and rendering toolkit with seamless integration into Autodesk 3ds Max. Focused on artist productivity and modern CG workflows, V-Ray 3.0 introduces a powerful set of new features and improvements.
V-Ray comes with all the lighting, shading, and rendering tools you need to create professional, photoreal imagery and animation.
V-Ray puts you in the driver seat. You’re in control. With V-Ray’s versatile features, you can choose the best approach for your scene.
Built to handle your biggest projects and your toughest scenes. Render anything and everything with V-Ray.
Work the way you want - without interruption. V-Ray’s seamless 3ds Max integration keeps your workflow fluid and smooth.
Spend less time waiting and more time being creative. Deliver your best work and never miss a deadline.
AN INDUSTRY STANDARD
Independent artists and top studios choose V-Ray every day to create world-class designs and visual effects.
V-Ray for 3ds Max Key Features
HIGHLY-OPTIMIZED CPU RENDERING
- Render high-quality, high-resolution images and animations with V-Ray's adaptive ray tracing technology. V-Ray uses physically-correct methods to calculate photoreal lighting, materials, and cameras. V-Ray is optimized to use all CPU cores across multiple machines for the fastest renders possible.
INCREDIBLY FAST GPU RENDERING
- Fine tune the look of your scenes in real time with the power of GPUs. Build materials, dial in cameras, and adjust lights interactively in the viewport. Switch to Production Mode when you’re ready to render final images.
VARIANCE-BASED ADAPTIVE SAMPLING
- Get cleaner renders with better noise detection.
- Save time with automatic sampling of lights and materials.
- Choose from several global illumination options - exact, approximate or a hybrid of both.
V-RAY DENOISER - Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50%.
- Simulate any type of natural, artificial, or image- based lighting. With area lights, sun & sky and IES lights, you can render artistically - and accurately.
NEW SKY MODEL & AERIAL PERSPECTIVE
- Simulate natural looking skies with realistic atmospheric depth.
- Work like a photographer. Real-world camera controls let you capture images with detailed depth of field and cinematic motion blur.
VR & specialty cameras
- Experience your project in virtual reality. Create content for popular VR headsets, like Samsung Gear VR, with 6x1 and spherical stereo camera types.
VRSCANS MATERIAL LIBRARY SUPPORT
- 400+ scanned materials. Import and render directly in V-Ray. Learn more
- Create any type of physical material. From multilayered car paint to accurate subsurface scattering, you can make any material imaginable.
- Work with production-ready, multiresolution tiled textures from your favorite applications, like MARI, Mudbox and Zbrush.
TRIPLANAR MAPPIING - Quickly apply seamless textures without UVs.
- Generate perfectly smooth edges at render-time with no extra modeling.
Specialty geometry - Create unique geometry like infinite planes, metaballs and isosurfaces, particles and object cutaways with render-time booleans.
CLIPPER W/ RENDER-TIME BOOLEANS
- Create complex cutaways and sections using any mesh object.
- Render massive scenes with proxy objects. V-Ray proxies efficiently replace complex scene geometry and load only at render time.
Hair & fur
- Render realistic hair efficiently and flicker-free. V-Ray includes procedural fur, optimized hair shaders, and supports 3ds Max Hair&Fur, HairFarm and Ornatrix.
- Render fog, smoke and atmospheric effects that respond correctly to light. Bring in volume grid caches from Houdini, FumeFX and PhoenixFD.
- 37 unique beauty, utility and matte passes give you more control over your rendered images for compositing.
V-Ray frame buffer
- Review, analyze and post process your renders directly in V-Ray’s advanced frame buffer. You can be sure your images will match your final output.
Please make sure that your system fulfills these requirements before installing V-Ray.
Processor - Intel 64-bit or compatible processor with SSE2 support RAM - 4 GB RAM and 4 GB swap minimum - recommended 8 GB or more RAM, 8 GB or more swap file Operating system - Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 Professional operating system 3ds Max - 3ds Max 2012/3ds Max Design 2012 or later, 64 bit versions only USB port - Required for hardware lock, preferably USB 2.0 TCP/IP - Only IPv4 is supported. IPv6 is currently not supported.
Supported platforms: Autodesk 3ds Max or 3ds Max Design 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 (64-bit).