Home > Categories > Audio Recording, Editing & Mastering > Sound Forge Pro Mac 2.5
Sound Forge Pro Mac 2.5
List Price: $299.95
Add to Cart
Generate flawless audio files with Sound Forge Pro Mac. New features include in-depth metering utilities, top-tier vocal processing, and the freestanding Convrt Batch Processing Automation Tool. Seamless integration with SpectraLayers Pro 2 provides the finishing touch, delivering the ultimate in waveform and spectral editing program integration. Employ Sound Forge Pro Mac in your studio workstream and open smooth new pathways to audio excellence in OS X.
Sound Forge Pro Mac is the second-generation audio editing application designed exclusively for OS X, with expanded editing features incorporated by popular demand. Configurable viewing panels allow you to toggle to any project view you need in seconds--see everything at once or toggle your view to see only the features you want, when you want. Easily navigate the entire interface and work quickly, even on laptops.
Record high-resolution audio
Assigning hardware, metering input signals, arming tracks, and recording high-resolution multichannel audio is a simple and fluid process in Sound Forge Pro Mac. Route your inputs, position the Record tool, click Record, and you're off.
Sound Forge Pro Mac features a streamlined user interface that takes full advantage of contemporary OS X functionality.
Maintaining concentration on editing tasks while managing many files at once is a demanding task. Sound Forge Pro Mac features two discrete audio editor panels, each with their own overview bar, file tabs, and transport controls. View the panels stacked or side by side, and drag tabbed files between them for editing.
Locating files is easy in Sound Forge Pro Mac. Navigate in OS X style directly from the Media Browser tool. Find compatible audio files anywhere in your system and audition them by clicking dedicated buttons next to each one. Navigate your entire system without leaving the application.
Place meters in the location and orientation that suits your style. Sound Forge Pro Mac features new options including CALM (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act) compliant metering that helps you follow the new rules while maximizing the dynamic range potential of your audio.
Fast access to available plug-ins, easy previewing and processing, and logical preset management are hallmarks of a quality audio-editing platform. Sound Forge Pro Mac features a dedicated panel for offline plug-in processing. Bring it into view with a single click to access plug-ins, plug-in presets, and search functionality.
Plug-in chains make sophisticated, nondestructive signal and effects processing operations possible, resulting in finished audio master files ready for duplication or broadcast. Establish a chain, apply and adjust plug-in parameter control envelopes, and render out precisely optimized master files.
Signal and effects processing
Enjoy a full range of native processes including volume, fade, flip, mute, normalize, and reverse. Enhance and repair audio with iZotope plug-ins including the complete Nectar Elements vocal processing engine. Easily solve time and pitch problems with artifact-free Zplane‚Ń˘ algorithms. Access your entire plug-in collection for both offline and nondestructive processing.
A one-stop audio mastering solution
Generate perfect master files straight away with Sound Forge Pro Mac. iZotope's Mastering and Repair Suite, the complete iZotope Nectar Elements Vocal Processing plug-in, and a host of native tools come standard. Simply drop them into the application's Plug-In Chain tool and process for broadcast-ready audio.
Free Blastwave sound effects
Sound Forge Pro Mac includes 200 free Blastwave FX sound effects. Enjoy next-generation HD sound effects from the producers of our incredible Detroit Chop Shop line of Sony Sound Series: Sound Effects library titles.
Sound Forge Pro Mac 2.5 Features
- Disc-at-once CD burning. Create tracks and burn a disc from a single file, or burn all open files to disc.
- Wave Hammer Compressor/Limiter. A Sound Forge classic plug-in, now available on the Mac.
- Convrt: Plug-in processing preview. Audition Plug-In Chain signal and effects processing scenarios from directly within the program.
- iZotope 64-bit SRC (sample rate conversion)
- iZotope MBIT+ Dither (bit depth conversion)
- Fade In/Fade Out (five curve types)
- Insert Silence
- Channel Converter
- Supports up to 64-bit, 192 kHz, 32-channel audio
- Multichannel audio recording
- ASIO driver support
- Auto input monitoring
- Audio threshold record triggering
- Synthesis (simple waveforms and noise)
- Mastering Effects Bundle plug-ins, powered by iZotope:
- Multiband Compressor
- Restore and Repair Tools plug-ins powered by iZotope:
- Nectar Elements voice processing plug-in powered by iZotope
- Zplane elastique Pro timestretch and pitch shift plug-in
- AU plug-in support (64-bit only)
- VST plug-in support (64-bit only)
- Real-time effects previewing
- File Properties
- Media Browser
- Loudness Meters
- Plug-In Chain
- Plug-In Chooser
- Regions List
- Summary Information
- Absolute Frames
- Samples, Time, Seconds
- SMPTE Drop/Non-Drop
- SMPTE EBU/Film Sync
- Time and Frames
- Audio CD Time
- Time mode
- Event mode
- Pencil mode
- Envelope mode
- Multichannel file editing and processing
- Offline signal and effects processing
- Nondestructive signal and effects processing
- True Peaks
- Loudness: Momentary, Short Term, Integrated, Loudness Range
Supported file formats
3G2*, 3GP*, AAC*, AIF*, AMR, FLAC, CAF*, M4A, MP3, MP4*, SDII, SND*, W64*, WAV*
3G2*, 3GP*, AAC*, AIF*, CAF*, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4*, SND*, W64*, WAV*
*Supported multichannel format+
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), or 10.11 (El Capitan)
- An Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 200 MB of free hard disk space for installation
*You must provide registration information to Sony Creative Software Inc., a US company, in order to activate the software. Product requires online registration.
Manufacturer Product Page
Download Trial Version