Rhino 5.0 is the market leader in industrial design modeling software.
Highly complicated shapes can be directly modeled or acquired through 3D digitizers.
With its powerful NURBS based engine Rhino 5.0 can create, edit, analyze,
and translate curves, surfaces, and solids. There are no limits on complexity,
degree, or size. Rhino 5.0 also supports polygon meshes and point
clouds for a complete coverage of geometric data types. With its unparalleled
modeling power Rhino 5.0 lets you focus on designing, not on
cumbersome modeling workarounds.
Key Features and Benefits
- Uninhibited free-form 3-D modeling tools like those found only in high-end
systems. Model any shape you can imagine.
- Accuracy needed to design, prototype, engineer, analyze, and manufacture
anything from an airplane to jewelry.
- Compatibility with all your other design, drafting, CAM, engineering, analysis,
rendering, animation, and illustration software.
- Read and repair extremely challenging IGES files.
- Accessible. So easy to learn and use that you can focus on design and visualization
without being distracted by the software.
- Fast, even on an ordinary laptop computer. No special hardware is needed.
- Affordable. Ordinary hardware. Short learning curve. Priced like other Windows
software. No maintenance fees.
What's New in Rhino 5.0
Enhancements include robust variable blend tools, improved booleans, and G-infinity
New Editing Tools
New Editing tools including UDT for free-form deformation of all geometry types,
feature recognition for direct polysurface and solids editing and command history
for editing surfaces by changing their input curves.
Enhancements including SmartTrack technology and live help with video clips.
The new pipelines takes advantage of the latest graphic card technology to provide
a major speed improvement, new advanced display modes, new analysis tools, dual-screen
support, and support for new third-party applications.
New rendering including new basic rendering technology, upgraded Flamingo and
Penguin, Brazil, and new third-party renderers including V-Ray and Maxwell.
Also included are texture mapping tools that can be used by all Rhino 5.0
2-D drawing/drafting tools
Several enhancements including line styles, line weights, hidden lines, dimensions,
hatching, page layout and printing/plotting.
Mesh modeling, editing, analysis, repair, and rapid prototyping
Major enhancements in mesh creation and editing. Also many new tools for STL
repair and 3-D printing.
Analysis with new tools for both measurement and display
Also enhanced tools detecting problems and evaluating model quality so the problems
downstream can be avoided.
Large projects support
Large project are now supported with hierarchical layer management, file locking,
and enhanced support for work-sessions, blocks, and reference files.
Several improvements including improved Adobe PDF, Adobe Illustrator, STEP,
Autodesk DWG/DXF, PLY, DGN, FBX, SolidWorks, Google Earth, SketchUp, and WAMIT
New Software developer tools
Enhancements for users and third-party developers.
Rhino 5 for Windows runs on ordinary Windows desktop and laptop computers, with:
Note: Apple hardware is supported only with Bootcamp.
- 1 GB RAM. 8 GB or more is recommended
- DVD drive or an Internet connection for installation
- 600 MB disk space
- OpenGL 2 capable video card
- No more than 63 CPU Cores.
- Multiple-button mouse with scroll wheel is recommended.
The SpaceNavigator is supported.
Note: Both 32- and 64-bit versions are installed on 64-bit
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, or 7 - recommended
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (32-bit only) Service Pack 3
Since we can't test every possible hardware combination, you can get hardware recommendations from other users here...
- Windows NT, 95, 98, ME, or 2000
- Windows XP 64-bit
- Virtualization systems on OS X such as VMWare and Parallels
Manufacturer Product Page
Robert McNeel And Associates Website
Download Trial Version
Learning Rhino 5 (download version)
Scan&Solve 2014 for Rhino - Retail Version
Flamingo nXt - Retail Version
Brazil 2.0 for Rhino - Retail Version
Penguin 2.0 - Retail Version
Bongo 2.0 - Retail Version
VisualARQ 1.9 - Retail Version