Workshops for Using Web Tools in Teaching and Learning
Macromedia Higher Education Faculty Development Guide enables colleges and universities to deliver their own professional development workshops. Providing workshop materials for both trainers and participants, this guide supports basic workshops about Macromedia tools within a relevant academic context. In each of the four day-long workshops, instructors learn to apply professional web tools in the courses while completing an educationally relevant project.
The Macromedia Higher Education Faculty Development Guide is a reproducible binder that includes five one-day workshops in which instructors learn to apply our professional web tools in the classroom.
Workshop titles include:
- Introduction to Fireworks MX 2004: Building Web Graphics
- Introduction to Dreamweaver MX 2004: Building a Curriculum Vitae
- Introduction to Macromedia Flash MX 2004: Building a Digital Narrative
- Intermediate Dreamweaver MX 2004 and Fireworks MX 2004: Building a Website Structure
- Introduction to Contribute 2: Creating and Editing Web Pages
Each workshop teaches a web tool in the context of an educationally relevant project. At project completion, participants reflect on the skills learned and discuss ways to use both the tools and the project in their courses, as well as how to support student learning and assess their technology use. This guide contains workshop materials for both trainers and participants.
The trainer materials for each workshop include:
- A matrix summarizing the workshop lessons, and a URL for downloading electronic asset files and presentations
- Workshop plans with step-by-step activities
- Printed preview versions of presentations
- The participant materials for each workshop include:
An outline of the day
- Guides for both technical and nontechnical tasks
- Bonus technical guides for participants who move quickly through lessons